1 Rail design Engineer & 1 System design Engineer - for Rail, Metro, LRT, Streetcar, etc. projects.
Nº Referencia: 1100
• Perform in accordance with the quality, environmental, safety and any other requirements, in accordance with the scope, within the agreed timescales and budgeted costs, in accordance with Company’s quality, environmental, safety and any other standards and procedures as well as with all applicable legal requirements.
• Understand client’s requirements and assess documentation to ensure that a compliant solution is designed and/or implemented utilizing industry best practices.
• Interface, integrate and co-ordinate the design solution with other engineering disciplines.
• Apply design and cost-competitive execution techniques and develop the most cost-effective solution.
• Organize and prioritize tasks in an effective and timely manner, set priorities, and meet
• Provide relevant inputs to other disciplines and functions.
• Provide guidance to more junior engineers and to drafters.
Depending on the role in the project, responsibilities may include:
• Coordinate, monitor, supervise and review the preparation and delivery of design deliverables,
documents (reports, analyses, specifications, calculations, drawings, plans, BoQs, estimates,
presentations, etc.), that are prepared by the design team.
• Produce the whole or part of design deliverables, documents (reports, analyses, specifications,
calculations, drawings, plans, BoQs, estimates, presentations, etc.), as a member of the design team.
• Support and collaborate in the preparation of proposals and responses to bids, RFQs, RFPs.
• Manage sub-consultants.
• Interface and coordinate (discuss and agree scope, meet, lead discussions, do presentations, etc.) with clients, partners, sub-consultants and other third parties.
• Provide technical oversight of systems design.
• Support creation and coordination of overall project timeframe and schedules, and monitor activities, progress, and milestones against the schedule.
• Assign work to other components of the design teams, monitor and manage the works.
• Identify deviations in scope, estimate magnitude of changes, and initiate change orders.
• Analyze and make independent recommendations regarding solutions to problems with a
varying complexity in accordance with organization and/or project objectives and guidelines.
Rail design Engineer
Experience in the design and provision of integrated rail design solutions under US standards.
Experience in rail civil works.
Experience in rail track alignment.
Experience in rail track types/forms solutions (Ballasted, Direct Fixation and Embedded Track).
System design Engineer
Knowledge of rail/transit systems’ components including national and international suppliers, vendors and integrators.
Experience in the design and provision of integrated rail systems design solutions under US standards.
15 to 20 years’ total experience.
Familiarity with AREMA standards, FRA and FTA standards.
Sound technical/business judgment in the evaluation, organization, management and experience of design activities.
Exposure to rail/transit authorities and operators in California is extremely appreciated.
Established relationships with rail/transit authorities and industry players in California and US markets are highly appreciated.
Experience in High Speed Rail is highly desirable.
Degree in engineering (Bachelor or equivalent, as a minimum).
Legally able to work in US. Otherwise, hiring is subject to obtaining the visa (supported by Company).
Licensed PE in California. Otherwise, commitment to obtain the license as soon as possible is required.
Advanced user of Microsoft Office.
Business fluency in English, both written and verbal.
• Ability to develop non-standard solutions.
• Ability to work in a multi-disciplined team.
• Ability to attend to detail and work in a time-conscious and time-effective manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively with stakeholders that include but are not limited tomanagement, coworkers, clients, vendors, contractors, and third parties.
• Willingness to learn, develop and apply new techniques, standards and processes.
• Willingness to take on additional tasks as needed.
• Excellent interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
• Excellent organizational, time management and problem solving skills.